Friday, November 16, 2012
Just as we did last week, below, we share some recent benefits-related(ish) stories and other links.
- Today would have been the deadline for states to submit their PPACA health insurance exchange blueprints, but HHS extended the deadline for the blueprints and then, a few days later, extended the deadline for states to tell HHS if they were starting an exchange. As these reports from Kaiser show, some states are in and some states are out. State Refor(u)m is keeping a list of state responses here.
- The IRS released the latest edition of the Employee Plans News with some helpful information about plan administrative issues.
- InvestmentNews reports that 401(k) plans rode out the Great Recession just fine, thank you very much.
- The New York Times recently featured one company that is offering income for life through its 401(k) plan. Is this something you’re considering?
- We shared previously about some actions the federal government may take to address the fiscal cliff, but this article talks about what states are doing.
- This Wall Street Journal article shares some innovative weight loss technologies employers are using to curb health care costs.